Oct 18, 2021
This minor can be declared through the Department of Computer and Information Sciences .
Director: COL Mohamed Eltoweissy (X7939, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Open to cadets in all VMI academic departments.
The Minor in Cybersecurity requires a 2.7 GPA for admission.
A track must be declared upon enrollment in this minor.
No track change is allowed without the permission of the Cyber Security Minor director.
Good Standing Requirement
Cadets must maintain a 3.0 GPA in the minor program throughout their course of study.
Minimum 21 credits total plus practicum.
At least 9 credits outside the cadet’s major.
No more than three elective courses in any one track.
• 9-10 core credits [No prerequisite courses (beyond the VMI core) are required for any of the core courses]
Cyber Systems, Security, and Resilience
• 12 elective credits chosen from among two of the following tracks:
Technical Track - A
NOTE: CS and ECE majors CANNOT complete this Technical Track
Technical Track - B
NOTE: For all majors
Management and Policy Track
NOTE: ECBU majors CANNOT complete the Management and Policy Track
Humanistic and Social Studies Track
NOTE: ERH majors CANNOT complete the Humanistic and Social Studies Track
- Must be pre-approved by the Cyber Security Minor Director
Must address issues related to security, ethics and resilience
Must qualify for a 3 credit or more course equivalence
- Requires a final report and presentation accepted by the Cyber Security Minor director
- May include, but not limited to, any of the following:
Summer research project